- If you have a disability that makes standing problematic, and there is a line upon arrival, please proceed to the front of the line and let the staff person know of your situation. You can sit until your place in line arrives at the front of the information desk.
- Not all services are available at every DMV. Please check the DMV listing to ensure the service you need is available.
- There is a
counter service fee for in-person vehicle title/registration transactions. Save time and money, complete DMV tasks
- Customer service centers do not accept mailed in applications.
- The following offices have Saturday morning hours:
- Eau Claire
- La Crosse
- Madison East (Bartillon Dr.)
- Milwaukee Northwest (Mill Rd.)
- Milwaukee Southwest (Grange Ave.)
- NOTE: These offices will not be open on legal holidays, the Saturday before Memorial Day and the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
- Written exams for Class D (regular license) and Class M (motorcycle license) take about 45 minutes to complete. Please allow enough time to complete exams prior to when the DMV is scheduled to close.
- DMV customer service centers accept cash, checks, money orders, debit cards and the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Debit cards will be processed as credit. For
online transactions, we accept most credit and debit cards and ACH (Automated Clearing House) from your checking or savings account.
- No pets are allowed in DMV Customer Service Centers except service animals specifically trained to aid a person with a disability, which are welcome.
DMV phone contacts are handled through our phone center in Madison: (608) 264-7447