Check to see if what you need to do can be done online and save yourself a trip!
- More than 25 services are online, including vehicle title and registration, duplicate driver license or ID card, ID card renewal, change of address, road test scheduling and more.
interactive driver licensing guide is a helpful tool for those looking for information on driver licensing, commercial driver licensing or Identification (ID card) requirements. The guide will provide you with a checklist of requirements, and allow you to pre-fill any required application(s). Depending on your eligibility you may also be able to use the guide to electronically submit your application and schedule an appointment with the DMV for expedited service.
Locate DMV customer service centers, check hours and wait times
This service may not be available on Sundays from 6 a.m.–9 a.m. due to regular system maintenance.
What I should know before visiting a DMV customer service center
- Not all services are available at every DMV. Please check the DMV listing to ensure the service you need is available.
- Written exams for Class D (regular license) and Class M (motorcycle license) take about 45 minutes to complete. Please allow enough time to complete exams prior to when the DMV is scheduled to close.
- DMV customer service centers accept cash, checks, debit cards and the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Debit cards will be processed as credit. For
online transactions, we accept most credit and debit cards and ACH (Automated Clearing House) from your checking or savings account.
- No pets are allowed in DMV Customer Service Centers except service animals specifically trained to aid a person with a disability, which are welcome.
DMV phone contacts are handled through our phone center in Madison: (608) 264-7447
Wisconsin cities with DMV customer service centers
For more information