- Region staff
- Request region logon and password from
firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, email address, and phone number in your request. Regions requesting access for multiple users should submit one spreadsheet with requested information to the HCCI mailbox.
- Purchase subscription to Bid Express directly from Bid Express.
Bid Express User Guide
AASHTOWare ProjectTM Estimator
Assists the user in creating miscellaneous quantities plan sheets
Asphalt estimating tools
- Asphalt Price Map - (Updated April 2021) The Asphalt Price Map uses an ArcGIS analysis to develop a unit price model. The asphalt unit price model uses historic hot mix asphalt (HMA) pavement prices from the last five years for projects with more than 1,300 TONS of total HMA. The unit prices are the combined HMA pavement prices for each contract. Bid prices were adjusted into current dollars using the Wisconsin DOT Chained Fisher Construction Cost Index and do not need to be inflated.
- Additional guidance for using the Asphalt Price Map is found in the initial splash screen and in the information tab on the top right of the screen.
- The Asphalt Price Map may be used with the asphalt estimating tool or Bid Express. This map can be used to find nearby counties with similar asphalt prices, and these counties can be used in the search criteria.
Asphalt estimating tool - (Updated February 2021) The Asphalt Estimating Tool is an Excel file created and updated by Bureau of Project Development. It provides bid history for asphalt where the HMA pavement and asphaltic material prices are combined.
Combined asphalt price utility - An optional utility that calculates the combined asphalt price and formats the chart into a printable document for the estimate documentation.
Similar projects tool
Similar projects tool - (Updated April 2021) The similar projects tool is an Excel file created and updated by Bureau of Project Development. This tool uses bid history that can be filtered by a variety of criteria. The results include mobilization percentages, traffic control costs, item class percentages for allowance items, and project information. This tool replaces the historical mobilization calculator. Instructions for using the similar projects tool is found within the similar project tool Excel file.
Major projects estimating tool
Cost estimating tool to assist in preparing accurate total project cost estimates from planning to 30% complete for major projects.
An example of a cost estimating tool to assist in preparing accurate total project cost estimates from 30% to 60% complete.
Cost estimating tool to assist in preparing accurate total project cost estimates for backbone projects.