Project overview |
This section between Stoughton and McFarland is divided between two stages.
US 51 from Exchange Street to Larson Beach Road in the village of McFarland and town of Dunn. Improvements include:
- Reconstruct the existing 4-lane urban section with intersection improvements
- Replace and lengthen the Yahara River Bridge
- Improve pedestrian accommodations
- Provide a two-way left turn lane (TWLTL) between Yahara Drive and Burma Road
- Provide agreed-upon mitigation measures for impacts to Babcock Park
US 51 from Larson Beach Road to S. Terminal Drive/Voges Road Intersection in the village of McFarland. Improvements at Terminal Drive/Voges Road Intersection are not part of this project. Improvements include:
- Replace the existing concrete pavement structure on this 4-lane divided expressway
- Reconstruct the southbound bridge over Taylor Road
- Add an auxiliary lane to the outside lane of US 51 northbound and southbound between the north ramps of the Siggelkow Road interchange and Terminal/Voges Road intersection near Meinders Road
- Seeking input on the intersection control at the Siggelkow Road ramp terminals
Public Involvement Meeting - July 2022
Virtual Public Involvement Meeting - April 2022
Note: These dates are subject to change based on funding availability.
Exchange Street intersection
- Construction scheduled for 2026
Exchange Street to Larson Beach Road
- Construction scheduled for 2028, but advanceable to 2026
Larson Beach Road to Voges Road
- Construction scheduled for 2025
David Schmidt, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager