Project overview |
As part of the US 51 corridor project, WisDOT is developing plans to reconstruct the 5.1 mile section of US 51 from I-39/90 to Spring Road in the towns of Albion and Dunkirk. Improvements include:
- Reconstruct the existing 2-lane rural section of US 51
- Pave shoulders to accommodate bicycles
- Add a eastbound passing lane between Washington Road and Tower Drive
- Public Involvement Meeting - December 15, 2022
Note: These dates are subject to change based on funding availability.
- Construction scheduled for 2029, but advanceable to 2026.
Cody Kammerzelt, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager