The Milwaukee Bucks plate fees include an issuance fee of $15, plus an annual $25 tax-deductible contribution, in addition to the regular registration fee. The contribution goes toward the construction costs of the sports and entertainment arena facilities in the Milwaukee entertainment district and to the
Milwaukee Bucks Foundation. To learn more about the new arena,
Vehicles that qualify
- motor homes (annual registration only)
- motor trucks
- 4,500, 6,000 or 8,000 pounds gross weight including dual purpose farm and dual purpose motor home
- 12,000 pounds gross weight farm truck
When you request Milwaukee Bucks license plates, you pay:
- $25 annual donation that is used toward the construction costs of the sports and entertainment arena facilities in the Milwaukee entertainment district and the Milwaukee Bucks charitable foundation. The donation may be deductible if you itemize your income tax returns.
- $15 issuance fee or an annual $15 personalized plate fee, if requested.
- The regular registration fee for your vehicle if your current plates expire within three months or you have no plates.
- At each plate renewal, you will pay the $25 donation and the regular registration fee for non-personalized Milwaukee Bucks plates.
For more information,
visit personalized and special plates FAQs.
How to apply
DMV Customer Service Centers do not issue Special or Personalized License Plates you must mail in your application.
To apply for Milwaukee
Bucks license plates by mail, please send the following items:
Make the check or money order payable to: Registration Fee Trust.Mail with payment to:
If the vehicle you wish to register with Milwaukee
Bucks license plates is already titled in your name, send:
- A copy of your Certificate of Registration or show the complete vehicle description on the MV2974 Milwaukee Bucks License Plates Information and Application
- $25 Milwaukee
- $15 issuance fee or $15 personalized plate fee
- The annual registration fee if the current plates expire within the next three months or you have no plates
- If the vehicle is not titled in your name, send:
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Special Plates Unit
P.O. Box 7911
Madison WI 53707-7911
Personalized license plates
Personalizing your Milwaukee Bucks license plates is optional. A $15 personalized plate fee is required each year in addition to the $25 donation and regular annual registration fee. On the
MV2974 Milwaukee Bucks License Plates Information and Application, check which option you would like us to follow if your request is not available. Please allow an additional 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Visit Personalized plate search to find out if your choice for a personalized license plate is available. WisDOT may refuse to issue, or may recall after issuance, a request that may be offensive to good taste or decency, misleading or conflicts with any other license plate. For more information, visit personalized and special plates FAQs.
For more information: