Collector special license plates are available to any Wisconsin motorist who has one or more vehicles registered with
Collector plates. They may be issued to a vehicle of any age used for general transportation. The applicant for Collector special plates must be an owner or lessee of the vehicle.
Vehicles that qualify:
- motor homes (annual registration only)
- 4,500, 6,000 or 8,000 pounds gross weight including dual purpose farm and dual purpose motor home
- 12,000 pounds gross weight farm truck
Things you should know:
- A $15 issuance fee is required.
- The regular annual registration fee for the vehicle type is collected.
- Collector Special plates feature the same design as standard plates except they display the words "Vehicle Collector" at the bottom.
- Your first Collector Special plate will have the same number as your collector number.
- Subsequent vehicles registered with Collector Special plates will have your collector number plus a letter suffix.
- Collector special plates cannot be personalized, other than the Collector number and suffix.
For more information, visit
personalized and special plates FAQs.
How to apply:
DMV Service Centers do
not issue Special or Personalized License Plates you must mail in your application.
To apply, send the following items:
- If the vehicle you want to register with Collector Special plates is already titled/registered in your name, send:
If the vehicle is
not titled/registered in your name, send:
- A completed MV2325 Collector Special License Plate Information and Application and a copy of your Certificate of Registration
- $15 issuance fee
- The annual registration fee if current plates expire within the next three months or you have no plates
Make the check or money order made payable to
Registration Fee Trust.Mail with payment to:
- A completed Wisconsin Title & License Plates ApplicationMV1, or MV11 for dealer sales, including all other fees due
- A completed MV2325 Collector Special License plate Information and Application
- The Certificate of Title assigned to you by the seller
- $15 issuance fee
- The annual registration fee if you do not have plates or your current plates expire within the next three months
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Special Plates Unit
P.O. Box 7911
Madison WI 53707-7911
For more information: