New eagle design available
Gray wolf design
no longer available
Endangered Resources with the new bald eagle design are now available. Plates with the badger design are no longer available, but plates with the original gray wolf design are still available for issuance. Please see the
Endangered resources plate designs FAQs for details.
When you purchase a special Endangered Resources license plate, your fee includes an annual $25 donation to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources' (DNR)
Endangered Resources Fund. The Fund supports the work of the DNR's Natural Heritage Conservation Program to identify, protect and manage native plants, animals and Wisconsin's natural communities from the common to the critically endangered. Your annual donation supports work to:
- enhance the quality of life in Wisconsin by bringing back endangered and threatened species
- prevent rare species from becoming endangered
- preserve and manage the best examples of native ecosystems in our state natural areas for public use, education and research
- promote knowledge and stewardship of our state's precious natural heritage for our children and grandchildren, since healthy ecosystems are good for wildlife and people
Vehicles that qualify
- motor homes (annual registration only)
When you request Endangered Resources license plates, you pay
At each plate renewal, you will pay the $25 donation and the regular registration fee for non-personalized Endangered Resources plates.
For more information, visit personalized and special plates FAQs.
How to apply
DMV Service Centers do not issue Special or Personalized License Plates you must mail in your application.
To apply for Endangered Resources license plates by mail, please send the following items:
If the vehicle is not titled in your name, send:Make the check or money order payable to Registration Fee Trust.Mail with payment to:
- If the vehicle you wish to register with Endangered Resources license plates is already titled in your name, send:
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Special Plates Unit
P.O. Box 7911
Madison WI 53707-7911
Personalized license plates
Personalizing your Endangered Resources license plates is optional. A $15 personalized plate fee is required each year in addition to the $25 donation and regular annual registration fee. On the Endangered Resources License Plate Information and Application
MV2858, check which option you would like us to follow if your request is not available. Please allow an additional 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Visit Personalized plate search to find out if your choice for a personalized license plate is available. WisDOT may refuse to issue, or may recall after issuance, a request that may be offensive to good taste or decency, misleading or conflicts with any other license plate. For more information, visit personalized and special plates FAQs.
For more information: