The Freemason license plates recognize the Free and Accepted Masons of Wisconsin. The fraternal order that was organized in 1843 and in operation several years before our state was admitted to the Union.
Vehicles that qualify
- motor homes (annual registration only)
- 4,500, 6,000 or 8,000 pounds gross weight including dual purpose farm and dual purpose motor home
- 12,000 pounds gross weight farm truck
Things you should know:
When you request Freemason license plates, you pay
For more information, visit personalized and special plates FAQs.
How to apply:
DMV customer service centers do not process Freemason license plate applications, but can issue temporary plates, if needed.
To apply, mail a request for Freemason license plate decals to the address below:
Grand Lodge Free and Accepted Masons of Wisconsin
License Plate Decals
36275 Sunset Drive
Dousman, WI 53118
Telephone: (262) 965-2200
When you receive your plate decals, send the following items:
If the vehicle is not titled/registered in your name, send:
- If the vehicle you wish to register with Freemason license plates is already titled/registered in your name, send:
Make the check or money order payable to: Registration Fee Trust.Mail with payment to:
- A completed Wisconsin Title and License Plates Application
MV1, or MV11 for dealer sales, including all fees
- A completed Freemason License Plate Information and Application MV2918
- The Certificate of Title assigned to you by the seller
- $15 issuance fee or $15 personalized plate fee
- The annual registration fee if you do not have plates or your current plates expire within the next three months
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Special Plates Unit
P.O. Box 7911
Madison WI 53707-7911
Personalized license plates
Personalizing your Freemason license plates is optional. A $15 personalized plate fee is required each year in addition to the annual registration fee. On the Freemason License Plate Information and Application MV2918, check which option you would like us to follow if your request is not available. Please allow an additional 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Visit Personalized plate search to find out if your choice for a personalized license plate is available. WisDOT may refuse to issue, or may recall after issuance, a request that may be offensive to good taste or decency, misleading or conflicts with any other license plate. For more information, visit personalized and special plates FAQs.
For more information: