Help the Wisconsin Professional Golfers Association (WPGA) Junior Foundation and promote golfing in Wisconsin by purchasing Golf Wisconsin license plates.
The fees for Golf Wisconsin special license plate include an annual $25 tax-deductible contribution to the WPGA Junior Foundation and the Wisconsin Department of Tourism. For more information about the WPGA Junior Foundation, contact
WPGA of America at (414) 443-3570.
Vehicles that qualify
- motor homes (annual registration only)
- 4,500, 6,000 or 8,000 pounds gross weight including dual purpose farm and dual purpose motor home
- 12,000 pounds gross weight
Things you should know:
When you request Golf Wisconsin license plates, you pay
- $25 annual donation that supports Golf Wisconsin
- $15 issuance fee or an annual $15 personalized plate fee, if requested
- the regular registration fee for your vehicle, if your current plates expire within three months or you have no plates
At each plate renewal you will pay the $25 donation and the regular registration fee for non-personalized Golf Wisconsin plates.
For more information, visit personalized and special plates FAQs.
How to apply:
DMV customer service centers do not have Golf Wisconsin license plates for immediate issue, but can process applications and the plates will be mailed. Temporary plates will be issued, if needed.
To apply for Golf Wisconsin license plates by mail, please send the following items:
- If the vehicle you wish to register with Golf Wisconsin license plates is already titled/registered in your name, send:
If the vehicle is not titled/registered in your name, send:Make the check or money order payable to: Registration Fee Trust. Mail with payment to:
- A copy of your Certificate of Registration or show the complete vehicle description on Golf Wisconsin License Plate Information & Application and Application
- $25 Golf Wisconsin donation
- $15 issuance fee or $15 personalized plate fee
- The annual registration fee if your current plates expire within the next three months or you have no plates
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Special Plates Unit
P.O. Box 7911
Madison WI 53707-7911
Personalized license plates
Personalizing your Golf Wisconsin license plates is optional. A $15 personalized plate fee is required each year in addition to the regular annual registration fee. On Golf Wisconsin License Plate Information & Application and Application
MV2960, check which option you would like us to follow if your request is not available. Please allow an additional 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Visit Personalized plate search to find out if your choice for a personalized license plate is available. WisDOT may refuse to issue, or may recall after issuance, a request that may be offensive to good taste or decency, misleading or conflicts with any other license plate. For more information, visit personalized and special plates FAQs.
For more information: