If you applied for a Wisconsin driver license or identification (ID) card,
please allow 7-10 days to receive your card from the date that it was printed.
If it has been over 10 days and you have not received your card:
- Have you moved? Update your DMV record address
online or learn
- Is the post office holding your mail? Stop your hold and ensure your mailbox has your name inside or outside the mailbox.
- If your card is undeliverable, the post office will return it to the DMV and kept on file with the DMV.
If it has been more than 10 days and you have not received your driver license or ID, contact the Driver Eligibility Unit
If you are 18 and older and have applied for your first Wisconsin Driver License or ID, please attach a proof of Wisconsin residency to your email.
If you have moved since your card was issued or would like your card mailed to a different Wisconsin address, please provide the new Wisconsin address in your email.
- If you are currently out of state and want your card mailed to you out of state, please attach to your email:
proof of Wisconsin residency; a written statement requesting your card be mailed out of state; your signature; and the out of state address.
Verify print status
To use this
online status checker, be ready to enter:
- Your Wisconsin driver license number or Wisconsin identification card number, date of birth and zip code
- Your Social Security number, date of birth and zip code
Check print status of your driver license or ID card
This online service may not be available on Sundays from 6 a.m.–9 a.m. due to regular system maintenance.