Change your residence address online

This online system will allow you to change your Wisconsin residence and/or mailing address for your Wisconsin driver license/ID and vehicle license plates/registration. If you would like a driver license or identification card that shows your new address, you will need to apply for a duplicate driver license or identification card​​​ online or visit a DMV customer service center and pay the required fee.

You will not be able to use this online system if:

  • You hold a Commercial Driver License (CDL) or a Commercial Learner Permit (CLP) that has not expired. Customers who hold a valid CDL or CLP are required to obtain a new driver license with their current address on it. You may be eligible to apply for a duplicate online. The online duplicate system will allow you to change your address and request a new license in one step. If you are not eligible to apply online, please visit a DMV customer service center. You will need to show your Social Security card, Federal Medical card (if applicable) and pay the fee for a duplicate.

To use this online system, you must enter the following:

  • Your Wisconsin driver license number or Wisconsin identification card number
  • The last four digits of your social security number, and
  • Your date of birth

If you do not wish to enter this information online, download Address Change Notice MV3058. Complete and mail to the address listed on the form.

This service may not be available on Sundays from 6 a.m.–9 a.m. due to regular system maintenance.

Start Now

Email Wisconsin DMV email service