DMVs are open for all driver license and ID card customers. Driver licenses can be renewed online for most customers. All vehicle transactions must be done
online, by mail or 3rd party agents.
Start now to change your Wisconsin residence and/or mailing address on your:
- driver license or identification (ID) card
- vehicle license plates/registration
To get a driver license or ID that shows your new address, apply for a replacement driver license or identification card online or visit a DMV customer service center and pay the required fee.
Have these ready:
- Your Wisconsin driver license number or Wisconsin identification card number
- The last four digits of your Social Security number, and
- Your date of birth
This service may not be available on Sundays from 6 a.m.–9 a.m. due to regular system maintenance.
CDL holders: your Commercial Driver License (CDL) or a Commercial Learner Permit (CLP) must show your current address. Apply for a duplicate card online (if eligible) and change your address then get a new card.
To apply by mail:
- Download Address Change Notice MV3058.
- Complete and mail to:
Division of Motor Vehicles
P.O. Box 7983
Madison, WI 53707-7983