Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) has a variety of internship opportunities for students during the summer. Students gain valuable real-world experience and contribute directly to our programs. They enjoy a casual office atmosphere and flexible schedules.
Internship programs include:
- Summer Diversity Internship Program. This summer program provides racial/ethnic minority students, female students, students with disabilities, and veteran students an opportunity to work in a professional work environment. Program includes opportunities to network with others and attend scheduled training. The application deadline through wisc.jobs is early March. WisDOT and other state agencies offer valuable experience in these areas:
- Information technology (including asset management, security, database support)
- Human resources
- Civil and structural engineering
- Facility services
- Real estate
- Urban and regional planning
- Consumer protection investigation
- Fiscal services
- Student Engineers. Students build a firm career foundation through field work, active participation in meetings and professional work during WisDOT's summer internship program. Opportunities in a variety of civil engineering areas are available (including materials, traffic, geotechnical, construction/design, environmental, etc.) Watch for information at college recruitment fairs and wisc.jobs.
To be notified when our internship recruitment is posted each year (typically mid-December), please sign up on wisc.jobs for the email notification.