Three construction projects slated for Suring and Mountain in 2022
Release Date: February 24, 2022
(Green Bay) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region announces a WIS 32 construction project website is now available to view upcoming work and traffic impacts on WIS 32 in Oconto County. Construction is tentatively scheduled to begin in April of this year.
Included on the website is information to join a construction public update meeting on Thursday, March 3 at 5 p.m. This is an online meeting via Microsoft Teams. Project staff will share maps, displays, exhibits and information for businesses in the work zones. To join the meeting:
WIS 32 Virtual Construction Update Meeting
- Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- Participants can access the live meeting via computer browser or mobile device by clinking on the “Go to Meeting” link on the WIS 32 construction website at the time of the meeting.
- There is also an option to join the virtual meeting via audio-only with a conference call phone number on the website.
Construction information for three projects will be discussed at the public meeting. The same information is available on the WIS 32 project website.
- A resurfacing-level project is expected to begin in April on 10 miles of WIS 32 from Trinity Church Road through the village of Suring to County AA in the town of Breed.
- WIS 32 will have lane closures and flagging operations for much of the project.
- Two, 5-day closures will take place in downtown Suring in June or August for culvert and storm sewer work. Traffic will be detoured on County Road H and County Road R.
- Bridge deck replacement will begin in April on the WIS 32 bridge over south branch of Oconto River north of County M in Suring. The project will be constructed concurrently with WIS 32 resurfacing.
- The bridge will be closed for two months at the start of construction. Motorists will be directed to use County Road M, WIS 55 and WIS 64 to rejoin WIS 32. Access to business and properties will be maintained north and south of the bridge.
- A resurfacing-level project is expected to begin in June on WIS 32 from Parkway Drive to County Road W in the town of Mountain.
- WIS 32 will remain open during construction with lane closures and flagging operations.
The website includes maps of the project limits and locations, scope and schedule for each project, traffic impacts, displays and exhibits. There is also temporary business signing information for businesses in the work zone and detoured portion of WIS 32.
For more information:
Mark Kantola, Regional Communications Manager
Mark.Kantola@dot.wi.gov, (920) 492-4153