Release date: April 27, 2022
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is seeking public input on proposed improvements to WIS 107 between North Street and Maratech Avenue in Marathon City, Marathon County. Construction is currently scheduled for 2023.
Proposed improvements include:
- Milling of the existing concrete pavement surface and overlaying it with a new asphalt surface to provide a smooth driving surface.
- Replacing beam guard on the ends of the existing structures to improve safety.
- Replace expansion joints along with milling and overlay of the bridge decks for the structures over the Big Rib River to improve safety, improve driving surface, and extend the life of the bridges.
Proposed Traffic Impacts
During construction, WIS 107 will be open to traffic during construction and will be reduced to one lane in each direction except during short periods when flagging is needed for specific short-duration work operations. Motorists and truck traffic will encounter a 9-foot width restriction.
The project will be constructed within existing right of way and no new real estate will be required for this project.
How to provide input:
- The public is invited to review the project website and provide input through Friday, May 13, 2022 using the online comment form.
- Residents, property owners, and businesses in the area have been mailed a handout with a comment form that can be sent back to WisDOT.
- Questions and comments can be directed to WisDOT Project Manager Preston Bohn at (715) 421-9736 or by email at Preston.Bohn@dot.wi.gov, or in writing to WisDOT North Central Region, 1681 Second Avenue South, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin 54495.
Deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, and speech-disabled persons should contact the Wisconsin Relay Service by dialing 711.
For more information, contact:
Tegan Griffith, North Central Region Communication Manager
(715) 493-3710, firstname.lastname@example.org