Work includes resurfacing highway, replacing structures, installing rumble strips
Release date: June 8, 2023
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is holding a virtual public involvement meeting to obtain input on a proposed improvement project in Eau Claire County from the south county line north to Cedar Road in the town of Pleasant Valley.
The public is invited to visit the project
website, review a presentation and other materials and submit comments by June 23, 2023, by:
- Email: HollisterB@AyresAssociates.com
- Mail: Wisconsin Department of Transportation
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Attn.: Jim Koenig
The pavement on this segment of WIS 93 is showing signs of deterioration. To address this and other issues, WisDOT plans to:
- Remove a portion of the existing pavement and overlay the road with 3.25 inches of new asphalt.
- Replace the Clear Creek Bridge and box culvert at Pine Creek with bridges.
- Clean, replace and reset sections of existing culverts.
- Widen paved shoulders to five feet.
- Install shoulder rumble strips and new pavement markings.
- Add asphaltic curbs/flumes to manage roadway runoff.
- Replace or adjust guardrail.
- Clear ditches and trim or remove trees.
Construction currently is scheduled for 2025. During construction:
- WIS 93 will be closed to through traffic and detoured via US 10, US 53 and I-94 during the replacement of the structures at Clear and Pine creeks.
- WIS 93 will be reduced to one lane with traffic controlled by flaggers during resurfacing.
- Access will be maintained to properties in the work zone.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, firstname.lastname@example.org