Project includes reconstructing segment of highway in Taylor County city of Medford
Release date: June 12, 2023
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation, in conjunction with Taylor County and prime contractor James Peterson Sons, Inc. of Medford, is holding a construction coordination meeting for the upcoming reconstruction of County O from South Gibson Street to WIS 13 in Medford.
The public is invited to attend to learn about the work planned, construction impacts and the project schedule.
When: 6 to 7 p.m. Monday, June 26
Where: Medford City Hall large conference room
639 S. 2nd St.
Medford, WI 54451
The pavement on this segment of County O has reached the end of its service life. To address this and other issues, the project will:
- Reconstruct County O.
- Replace storm sewer, curb, gutter and guardrail.
- Place permanent signage and new pavement markings.
During construction, County O will be closed, but:
- Access will be maintained for local and emergency traffic.
- Through traffic will be detoured via WIS 64 and County Q.
- Industrial park traffic will be detoured via Progressive Avenue, Jensen Drive and South Gibson Street.
Construction is set to begin the week of July 10, with project completion scheduled for late October.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, email@example.com