Release date: June 22, 2022
To invest in Wisconsin’s transportation system, Governor Evers signed a $6 million contract to resurface WIS 50, from Geneva National Avenue to Forest Street, near Lake Geneva. Work is scheduled to begin July 5. Prior to work starting, the community is invited to attend a construction kickoff meeting to review project details and to ask questions about what to expect during construction.
Tuesday, June 28 | 5-6pm
Lake Geneva City Hall | 626 Geneva Street, Lake Geneva
Scope of Work:
- Roadway resurfacing
- Culvert repair near Theatre Road
- New guardrail installation
What to Expect:
- Single lane closures along WIS 50
- Side roads and driveway access to remain open throughout construction
- A temporary closure of County Road P required for resurfacing
The contractor, Payne & Dolan is scheduled to complete the project by late fall. The schedule of work is weather dependent and subject to change.
For more information regarding southeast region traffic impacts, transportation news and project updates: