Release date: June 28, 2023
To invest in Wisconsin’s transportation system, Governor Evers signed a $3.8 million contract to improve the I-94 and Moorland Road (County O) interchange in the city of Brookfield, in Waukesha County.
Work is scheduled to begin after the July 4th holiday, weather permitting. Vinton Construction is the prime contractor for the project and will implement the following:
- Ramp improvements to increase safety and provide a more efficient flow of traffic
- Installation of new traffic signals
- Intersection improvements at Carpenter Road
- Repaving Moorland Road between Carpenter Road and slightly north of the interchange
What to Expect
- Westbound I-94 to northbound Moorland Road exit ramp to close for approximately two months for reconstruction.
- Northbound Moorland Road left turn to westbound I-94 entrance ramp to close long-term.
- Long-term lane closures on northbound Moorland Road from Carpenter Road to north of the interchange. Overnight lane closures on southbound Moorland Road from north of the interchange to Carpenter Road.
- Overnight entrance ramp closures from Moorland Road to westbound I-94.
- Carpenter Road at the intersection of Moorland Road is scheduled to close to traffic long-term.
- One lane of traffic on Moorland Road will be maintained in each direction. Access to residences and businesses will be maintained.
Visit the project website for more details at:
Trevor Fannon, Southeast Region Communications Manager
For more information regarding Southeast Region traffic impacts, transportation news and project updates:
Follow us on Twitter:
Browse our construction project websites: