Work includes repairing or replacing concrete pavement and resurfacing asphalt shoulders
Release date: July 10, 2023
To invest in Wisconsin's transportation system, Gov. Tony Evers has signed a $2.32 million contract with prime contractor Chippewa Concrete Services, Inc. of Chippewa Falls for a pavement preservation project on northbound US 53 in Washburn County from Business 53 on the south side of Minong to Lakeside Drive. Construction is scheduled to start Monday, July 17.
This existing segment of US 53 is aging and starting to show signs of deterioration. To address this, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation project will:
- Repair or replace concrete pavement.
- Resurface the existing asphalt shoulders and refresh the existing gravel shoulders.
- Clean or repair culverts.
- Place shoulder rumble strips.
- Update pavement markings.
During construction, motorists will encounter:
- Single-lane closures on northbound US 53.
- Short-duration daytime closures of the Business 53 ramps during milling and paving operations on the ramps. Alternate access will be available via WIS 77.
Construction is scheduled for completion in September. Work is weather dependent.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, email@example.com