Closure necessary to complete project aimed to improve safety and operations
Release date: August. 14, 2023
WIS 65 will be closed to traffic Monday, Aug. 21, from just north of the 70th Avenue intersection north to just south of Wagner Drive in the St. Croix village of Roberts.
Northbound WIS 65 traffic will be able to turn left or right onto 70th Avenue, and through traffic will be detoured via I-94, US 63 and US 12.
The closure is anticipated to be in place through September and into October. It's part of a project to improve safety and operations on WIS 65 from the I-94 westbound ramp terminal to just south of Wagner Drive that includes:
- Expanding WIS 65 from two to four lanes from the I-94 westbound ramp terminal to about 1,200 feet north of 70th Avenue.
- Installing turn lanes, traffic islands and new traffic signals at the 70th Avenue intersection.
- Upgrading drainage.
- Placing permanent signage and new pavement markings.
- Modifying the park and ride lot.
Construction began April 3, and the entire project is scheduled for completion in November.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, email@example.com