Annual DBE Workshop and Network Summit
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) hosts an annual Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Workshop (DBE). WisDOT is committed to equity and the promotion of DBE participation and utilization in contracts.
The Annual DBE Workshop is geared toward firms looking to engage, better understand, identify barriers, and gain resources to successfully contract with the state.
For more than 30 years, WisDOT has played an integral role in promoting the inclusion of people of color, women and small businesses in its contracting process not only through the annual workshop but also through stakeholder groups such as the Transportation Advisory Committee (TRANS-AC), the Transportation Consultant Advisory Committee (TRANS-CAC), and the DBE Stakeholder Advisory Committee of Southeast Wisconsin.
The annual workshop also recognizes individuals, organizations and groups instrumental to the success and progress of the DBE program.
Annual DBE Workshop & Secretary's Golden Shovel awards
2021 Secretary's Golden Shovel Award Winners
- Community Traffic Control
- Dan Zignego, Zignego Co. (Hall of Fame Inductee)
- Integrity Grading & Excavating, Inc.
- JT Engineering, Inc. (Hall of Fame Inductee)
- M&J Krueger Trucking, LLC
- Monarch Paving Company
- P3 Development Group
- Rocky Marcoux, Commissioner, City of Milwaukee, Department of City Development (retired)
- Michele Carter, OBOEC Director, DBE Program Chief (Hall of Fame Inductee)