WIS 24 (Forest Home Avenue) from just east of Janesville Road to 45th Street in Milwaukee County.
The purpose of this project is to resurface the deteriorating roadway surface and improve ride quality along the project limits. This segment of roadway was last resurfaced in 2010 and is in need of rehabilitation, as well as updates to pedestrian accommodations. Additional proposed improvements include:
- Remove existing asphalt, base patch underlying concrete and resurface with new asphalt
- Replace traffic signals at 76th Street, Coldspring Road, and 68th Street
- Reconstruct curb ramps at various locations to meet current ADA** standards
- Add sidewalk segment in the City of Greenfield
- Inlet and manhole rehabilitation as needed
A public involvement meeting was held on October 11, 2021, from 5-7 p.m. at Greenfield City Hall. Project staff presented proposed design plans and the below displays:
Construction is currently scheduled for 2025.
Traffic control during construction has not yet been determined. As plans move forward, information will be shared with the public as it becomes available.
Amanda Johansen, WisDOT Project Manager
Dan Sellers, WisDOT Communications