WIS 75 (WIS 50 - WIS 20) in Paddock Lake, Kenosha and Racine counties.
The purpose of the proposed project is to address the deteriorating pavement condition and the decreased ride quality along WIS 75. In addition, a Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) project was added to address crash issues at the intersection of WIS 75 and County A (Plank Road). Addressing non-American Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant pedestrian ramps in the village of Paddock Lake is proposed, as well as addressing non-standard culverts and beam guard at multiple locations.
- Mill 2.5-inches of the existing asphaltic pavement and overlay with 4.5-inches of asphaltic pavement.
- Roundabout at the intersection of WIS 75 with County A (Plank Road).
- Replenish shoulder gravel in the rural section of the project.
- Replace and extend culverts and beam guard at C-51-0039 & C-51-0042 structures.
- Install new pavement marking and signing.
- Install centerline and shoulder rumble strips in the rural segments from WIS 50 to WIS 11 as a preventative safety measure.
- Upgrade curb ramp within the village of Paddock Lake to meet ADA compliance.
WIS 75 is proposed to be closed during construction from WIS 50 to WIS 20 with traffic shifted to a detour route utilizing WIS 50, US 45, and WIS 20. Local and emergency access will be maintained during construction.
Virtual Public Involvement Meeting – Spring 2021
Due to current public health guidance, project information is being shared online in lieu of a public meeting. As the project continues to move forward, your input is welcomed and appreciated throughout the design process.
Please view the virtual public involvement meeting materials and exhibits below:
Construction is currently scheduled for 2025 but could occur as early as 2024 if funding becomes available.
Design phase - Do you have any comments or questions? We'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to contact the project representatives below.
Mark Wilfert, WisDOT Southeast Region Project Manager
Dan Sellers, WisDOT Communications