The objective of this manual is to provide a web-based tool that facilitates the communication of planning policy and serves as a planning information resource that assists planners and transportation professionals in accessing planning policy information necessary in doing their jobs.
The manual, which links to other Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) manuals and planning information, helps provide for the uniform planning of Wisconsin's transportation system.
The manual is a work in progress and only contains two finished chapters at this time.
- Chapter 1 - Transportation Planning Manual Introduction
- Chapter 2 - WisDOT Transportation Planning and Corridor Management
- Chapter 3 - Transportation Planning Governing Principles
- Chapter 4 - Public Involvement in Transportation Planning
- Chapter 5 - Environmental Stewardship and Transportation Planning
- Chapter 6 - Community, Local Planning and Land Use
- Chapter 7 - State Trunk Highways and Local Roads
- Chapter 8 - Transit, Rail, Air, Water, Bicycle, Pedestrian, Freight and Transportation Demand Management
- Chapter 9 - Traffic Forecasting, Travel Demand Models and other Planning Data (Updated May 2018)
- Chapter 10 - STIP/TIP Preparation and Transportation Programming
- Chapter 11 - References for Transportation Planning