Release date: February 14, 2022
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is seeking public input on proposed improvements to US 45 between Clinic Street and Otter Lake Lane in Elcho, Langlade County. Construction is currently scheduled for 2025.
Proposed improvements include:
- Removing and replacing asphalt and storm sewer
- New sidewalk on east side of US 45 from Clinic Street to Cole Street
- Extending curb and gutter along the east side of US 45 at the northern limits across from Bluebird Alley
- Upgrading curb ramps to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards
- Maintaining 12-foot travel lanes and 10-foot shoulders from Cole Street to County K
- Constructing 12-foot travel lanes and 4-foot shoulders from Clinic Street to Cole Street and County K to Bluebird Alley
During construction, US 45 will remain open with single lane closures and flaggers. Access to residents and businesses along the project corridor will be maintained. Temporary driveway closures will be necessary during construction.
Minor real estate acquisition in the form of temporary easements, permanent easements and fee may be required for sidewalk and curb ramps. Landowner rights information and maps are available on the project website.
How to provide input:
The public is invited to review the project website and provide input through Thursday, March 10, 2022.
- Residents, property owners, and businesses in the area have been mailed a handout with a comment form that can be sent back to WisDOT.
- Submit comments using the online comment form on the project website.
- Questions and comments can be directed to WisDOT Project Manager Zach Gruling at (715) 365-5764 or by email at Zachary.Gruling@dot.wi.gov, or in writing to WisDOT North Central Region, 1681 Second Avenue South, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin 54495.
Deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, and speech-disabled persons should contact the Wisconsin Relay Service by dialing 711.
For more information, contact:
Tegan Griffith, North Central Region Communications Manager
(715) 493-3710, firstname.lastname@example.org