Work includes removing a portion of the existing pavement and overlaying the roadway
Release date: August 23, 2023
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is seeking public comments on a proposed resurfacing and safety improvement project in Polk County on US 8 from the Minnesota/Wisconsin state line to Glacier Drive in the city of St. Croix Falls.
Visit the project
website to view materials, and provide comments by September 14, 2023, by:
Mail: Wisconsin Department of Transportation
141 NW Barstow St.
Waukesha, WI 53187-0798
Attn.: Mark Wilfert
This segment of US 8 is showing signs of deterioration. To address this and other issues, WisDOT is proposing to:
- Mill a portion of the existing asphalt and concrete pavement and overlay the roadway with new asphaltic pavement.
- Reconstruct the existing right-turn lane for westbound US 8 traffic at the WIS 87 intersection to an offset right-turn lane.
- Replace the existing guardrail at the Interstate Park Road overpass.
- Perform maintenance on two sedimentation ponds.
- Install new pavement markings and signing.
Construction is currently scheduled for 2029 but could occur as early as 2025 if funding becomes available.
- US 8 will remain open to traffic throughout construction using lane closures and staged construction.
- Access to all properties in the work zone will be maintained as feasibly possible.
- The ramps at the WIS 35 interchange will be closed for short periods of time during off-peak and overnight hours to mill and overlay.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, firstname.lastname@example.org