- WIS 21, between WIS 49 and the Winnebago County line, Waushara County
- WIS 21, Frederick Creek Culvert, Waushara County
We are proposing to improve five miles of WIS 21 between WIS 49 and the Winnebago County Line in addition to replacing the Fredericks Creek Culvert located 3.5 miles west of WIS 49.
The existing pavement is showing signs of distress with settling, longitudinal and transverse cracking throughout the project area. Several culverts are showing signs of deterioration. Additionally, there has been a history of vehicular crashes within the project limits.
Proposed improvements include:
- Resurfacing WIS 21 between WIS 49 and the Winnebago County Line.
- Performing subgrade improvements and replacing pavement on WIS 21 between 32nd Drive and Cottonville Court.
- Widening paved shoulders on WIS 21 between WIS 49 to the Winnebago County line
(Updated March 7, 2022)
- Replacing the Fredericks Creek culvert.
- Replacing contaminated shoulder base material, replacing guardrail, repairing inlets, and replacing or repairing pipe culverts at various locations.
- WIS 21 will be closed to through traffic during construction. The proposed detour route will utilize WIS 49, WIS 23, WIS 44 and US 41.
- At the Frederick Creek culvert replacement, motorists will encounter single lane closures with temporary bypass lanes and temporary signals.
- Impacts to real estate between WIS 49 and the Winnebago County line are not expected.
- At the Frederick Creek culvert replacement, temporary limited easement (TLE) will be needed to construct the bypass lane.
Residents and businesses within the project limits have been contacted via mail. Review the following materials to learn more about this project:
Here is how to provide input between March 4, 2022, and April 1, 2022:
Your input is welcome and appreciated throughout the design process. Deaf or hard of hearing persons needing assistance should contact the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay system (dial 711).
- Local Officials Meeting: February 2022
- Public Involvement: March 2022 - April 2022
- Complete project design: March 2024
- Construction currently scheduled to begin in 2026 but could occur as early as 2025