WIS 73, Industrial Street to WIS 186, Wood County.
The existing asphalt is showing signs of deterioration in the form of cracking and rutting, resulting in poor ride quality. Culverts are nearing the end of their useful life and need to be addressed, and guardrail doesn’t meet current standards.
The purpose of this project is to extend the service life of the existing roadway and improve the ride quality of the pavement surface.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is proposing the following improvements:
- Remove and replace the existing asphalt
- Repair concrete pavement on WIS 73 near Industrial Street
- Upgrade guardrail throughout the project to current standards
- Replace deteriorating culverts at eight locations
WIS 73 will be closed to thru traffic and detoured during construction. Local access will be allowed; however, there will be closures for culvert replacements.
Other brief roadway and driveway closures may be necessary to accommodate construction operations.
No real estate needs are anticipated.
We invite you to participate in public involvement for this project. Property owners and business owners within the project limits have been sent a letter and handout. To participate, review the following:
Comments on the project are being accepted through Sept. 16, 2022, by:
- Filling out the
Online comment form
- Completing and mailing the
Public Comment Form (also found in the handout) to:
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
1681 2nd Ave. S.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495-4768
Attn: Carolyn Brugman
- Call or email the project leader in the contacts below.
- Local officials meeting July 28, 2022
- Public involvement August 30 to September 16, 2022
- Complete roadway plans November 1, 2023
- Construction currently scheduled 2024