I-94, US 12 to WIS 65, in the towns of Hudson and Warren and the village of Roberts in St. Croix County.
This major project has been approved for enumeration by the Transportation Projects Commission (TPC). The potential project would expand seven miles of I-94 between US 12 and WIS 65.
The corridor provides direct interstate access to the cities of Hudson and Roberts and is a critical link to other major cities outside of this corridor including Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn. and many points in western Wisconsin. I-94 is in need of increased capacity to handle existing and future traffic demand and improve safety and crash rates.
Potential improvements include:
- Reconstruction of pavement while expanding I-94 with three travel lanes in each direction.
- Replacement of the bridges over Kinney Road, 100th Street and 130th Street.
- New right of way to accommodate the improvements.
- Correct outdated geometric features to modern freeway standards.
- Maintain efficient freeway operations.
A Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) was signed in November 2014. The project is now recommended for enumeration by the Wisconsin Legislature.
WisDOT Northwest Region Planning Engineer
WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
(715) 836-2891, (800) 991-5285
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711