Project Location Map:
Purpose and Need:
The purpose of the project is to address the deteriorating pavement condition, decreased ride quality, and to improve safety for bicycles and pedestrians along this segment of WIS 32.
WIS 32 Proposed Improvements:
- Resurface WIS 32
- Update signals at signalized intersections
- Potential lane-reductions with a Two-Way Left-Turn Lane (TWLTL) in the center.
- Examining possible sidewalks between Alford Park Drive and County Road A
- On-Road Bike Accommodations
First Public Involvement Meeting:
WisDOT hosted an open house style public involvement meeting on October 20, 2021 at Carthage College to discuss proposed improvements along WIS 32 (Sheridan Road), from Alford Park Drive to 21st Street, in Kenosha and Racine Counties.
Materials and exhibits shared at the meeting are posted below to help give more opportunity for public feedback. (Please note *large drawing files* may take a moment to download.)
Second Public Involvement Meeting
WisDOT hosted a second open house style public involvement meeting on August 16, 2023 at Northside Neighborhood Library in Kenosha.
Anyone interested in the project is encouraged to review project details, ask questions, and provide comments that will assist WisDOT during the project’s design and construction.
*NEW* WIS 32 Preferred Alternative:
After discussions and analysis, a preferred alternative for the final design has been selected.
- WisDOT recommends resurfacing the road, reducing the travel lanes to two, installing bike lanes, and installing a center left turn lane.
- Traffic signals will be upgraded
- Two driveways in the corridor are recommended for removal.
The preferred alternative design exhibits are available here:
Do you have any comments or questions? We'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to contact the project representatives below.
Clayton Smith, Project Manager