US 45 (Lovers Ln.), Rawson Ave. to College Ave., in Franklin - Milwaukee County.
The intent of the project is to reconstruct US 45 from Rawson Avenue to College Avenue in Milwaukee County. This improvement will address the deteriorating pavement conditions and improve traffic operations. The work will consist of:
- Reconstructing the existing roadway
- New pedestrian sidewalks
- New outside shoulder for bike accommodations
- Replace the traffic signal at Speedway Drive
- Replace the storm sewer system
- New detention pond
- New pavement marking and signing
There have been changes to the design since the last Public Involvement Meeting in February 2020. Changes include:
- Maintaining the two access points for the West Frontage Road and eliminating the proposed cul-de-sac.
- Maintaining the southbound lane drop with the Rawson Avenue exit ramp and not creating a separate right turn lane.
- Maintaining both median openings with full access at South and North Cortez Circle.
- Maintaining the full median access to Venture Drive and not restricting left turns out.
- Revised the E. Frontage Road to a one-way direction northbound to minimize impacts.
US 45 will remain open during construction with work completed in stages. Access for local traffic and emergency vehicles will be maintained. Four lanes of traffic will be maintained during peak hours of traffic. A detour is proposed for the ramp from Rawson Avenue to southbound US 45 during some stages of work. Various intersections may be closed during some stages of construction, but access to all properties will be maintained through adjacent intersections.
Virtual Public Involvement Meeting
Due to current public health guidance, project information is being shared online in lieu of a public meeting. As the project continues to move forward, your input is welcomed and appreciated throughout the design process.
Please view the virtual public involvement meeting materials and exhibits below:
Construction is tentatively scheduled for 2025.
Design phase - Do you have any comments or questions? We'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to contact the project representatives below.
Doug Cain, WisDOT Project Manager