The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is proposing to mill and overlay WIS 83 from Golf Road to Nagawicka Road and replace the pavement of WIS 83 from Nagawicka Road to Vettelson Road.
Other Proposed Project Details:
- Replace traffic signals and lighting at Oakwood Road/W North Shore Drive, and Cardinal Lane
- Modify signals at Golf Road
- Extending turn lanes at Cardinal Lane
- Repair and replace culverts at various locations
- Detours will utilize WIS 67
- WIS 83 will be closed to through traffic during construction
- Local access to homes and businesses will be maintained
Construction is tentatively scheduled to begin in late 2024 and continue into 2025, pending funding availability.
Design phase - Do you have any comments or questions? We'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to contact the project representatives below.
Gary Metzer, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Communications Manager