Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
I-94, east of the County N interchange to east of the Airport Road overpass - Dane and Jefferson counties
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is proposing improvements along 9.6-miles of Interstate 94 in Dane and Jefferson counties. The project starts just east of the County N interchange and ends just east of the Airport Road overpass.
This project will prolong the life of the I-94 pavement and structures until a future reconstruction and capacity expansion project can be implemented.
- Milling the existing asphalt surface, repairing the underlying joints, and placing new asphalt over the eastbound and westbound lanes of I-94.
- Minor rehabilitation work is also planned for the bridges over I-94 at Baxter Road, Ridge Road, Oak Park Road, and County O; as well as at the eastbound I-94 bridge over the Koshkonong Creek.
An environmental review will be completed in summer 2021, prior to the project moving into the final design phase.
There are no temporary or permanent real estate acquisitions, or relocations anticipated with the project.
- May 2021 – Virtual Public Involvement
- Summer 2021 – Complete environmental review process, preliminary design plans
- Fall 2022 – Finalize roadway design plans
- 2027 – Construction anticipated with potential advancement to 2023, if funding becomes available
Interstate construction will be completed overnight and during off-peak hours using single lane closures. Overnight ramp closures are likely at the WIS 73 interchange (Exit 250).
Full closure of the overpass structures will be required; a detour route will be posted for County O.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843