Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
US 12 (Grant Avenue to east Monroe County Line), between Tomah and Camp Douglas - Monroe County
The project is designed to resurface approximately 8 miles of US 12 between Grant Avenue in Tomah and the east Monroe County Line near Camp Douglas. The project will address the deteriorating pavement conditions along the highway, including the bridge deck on US 12 over the Canadian Pacific Railroad and a box culvert over Bear Creek. Other improvements include:
- Replacing guardrail
- Replacing non-compliant curb ramps at the intersection of US 12 and County PP, Oakdale
- Replacing curb & gutter at the intersection of US 12 and County PP, Oakdale
- Culvert pipe repairs and replacements
- Concrete overlay on bridge US 12 over Canadian Pacific Railroad
- Box culvert replacement of US 12 over Bear Creek
- 2025 - Construction anticipated
- Stage 1
- Location: Between County PP and the east Monroe County line
- Traffic: Road will remain open to through traffic but will be reduced to one lane under flagging operations in the daily work zone area. Temporary pedestrian staging will be in place to replace curb ramps at the US 12 and County PP intersection in Oakdale.
- Stage 2
- Location: Between bridge, US 12 over Canadian Pacific Railroad and US 12 over Bear Creek
- Traffic: Road will be closed to through traffic between Grant Avenue and County PP. Road will be closed to all traffic between west end, near Griffin Rd. and at the east end of near Smart Sand Rd.
- Detour: US 12 westbound traffic will follow I-90 to I-90/94 to County PP. This route will be reversed for US 12 eastbound traffic
- Stage 3
- Location: Between Grant Avenue and County PP
- Traffic: road will remain open to through traffic but will be reduced to one lane under flagging operations in the daily work zone area
Access to local businesses and residence along US 12 will be maintained throughout construction.
Jered Lex, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Road
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022