Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
US 14 (WIS 92 to City of Evansville), between Brooklyn and Evansville - Rock County
The following needs have been identified for this section of US 14:
- Deficiencies in existing pavement due to aging, rutting and cracking.
- Safety issues at US 14 intersections with Holt Road, WIS 59, W Butts Corners Road, and W Bullard Road.
The proposed improvements include the following:
- Resurface existing roadway.
- Widen paved shoulders from 3’ to 5’ along the corridor.
- Turn lanes for both Northbound and Southbound on US 14 at Holt Road along with improved intersection geometry for Holt Road.
- High Friction Surface on US 14 at the WIS 59 intersection.
- A reconstruction of the W Butts Road intersection. Improvements on US 14 will include: addition of Northbound left turn lane, Southbound right turn lane, improved horizontal geometry, vertical profile improvements with a hill cut.
- Addition of Southbound left turn lane on US 14 at the Bullard Road intersection.
- Local Officials Meeting
- Public Involvement Meeting
- Summer 2026 - Construction anticipated
Traffic will be able to access US 14 for the majority of the project. Thru traffic will be detoured during the
reconstruction of W Butts corners Road.
Chris Hazard, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800