Project location | Project overview | Schedule | Traffic impacts/detours | Status/phase | Contact information
US 14 (County M to US 51), Evansville - Janesville, Rock County
This project will repair approximately 13 miles of US 14 between Evansville and Janesville.
- Resurfacing (milling and asphalt overlay) of US 14.
- Intersection improvements (turn lanes and bypass lanes) at major intersections throughout the corridor.
- Bridge maintenance repairs at the Rock River Bridge.
Future (2019 and beyond)
- 2020 - Construction anticipated
Past (prior to today)
- Summer 2018 - Public Involvement Meeting (PIM)
- December 5, 2018 – Public Involvement Meeting (PIM)
The project will be open to through traffic for most of the construction. A month-long closure of the portion between County E and US 51 will be needed to complete minor improvements to the Rock River bridge. A signed detour will be posted for the duration of this stage. Nighttime work will be considered to lessen traffic impacts.
Alex Hagen, WisDOT Project Manager
Karla Knorr, P.E., WisDOT Project Supervisor
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843