Project location |
Project overview | Public involvement |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 140 (N Ogden Avenue to US 14), Bergen to Emerald Grove - Rock County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is developing preliminary plans for a pavement replacement project on WIS 140. The 6.6 mile project is located between the Village of Clinton and US 14.
- Resurfacing WIS 140 pavement
- Replacement of existing guardrail
- Replacement of existing pavement markings
January 2021 - Virtual Public Involvement Meeting (PIM)
- Construction planned for 2025 with potential advancement to 2024
WIS 140 will remain open to traffic with flagging operations during construction.
- Flagging up to Interstate 43, but Highway 140 traffic will be detoured between Interstate 43 and US 14
- Detour expected to be Interstate 43 to US 14
Chris Hazard, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843