Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 16 (County L/WIS 26 to E. Main Street), Watertown - Dodge and Jefferson Counties
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is proposing improvements along nearly three miles of WIS 16 in Watertown. The project starts just east of the County L and Business WIS 26 intersection and ends at the East Main Street intersection.
- Pavement resurfacing
- Repairs to existing concrete pavement and resurfacing of asphalt shoulders in the concrete pavement section
- Guardrail will be upgraded to meet current standards throughout the project.
There are no temporary or permanent real estate acquisitions, or relocations anticipated with the project.
Persons with a concern for or knowledge about historic buildings and structures and archaeological sites are encouraged to provide comments. We encourage you to share this information with others that may be affected by this project.
- March 7, 2022 - Local Officials Meeting
- March 30, 2022 - Public Involvement Meeting
5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Watertown Citizens Center
514 S 1st St., Watertown. WI 53094
- 2028 - Construction anticipated with potential advancement to 2025
The project will be completed using a detour route. The proposed detour route will be WIS 26 to WIS 60 to WIS 67.
Della Koenig, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843