Project location | Project overview | Schedule | Traffic impacts/detours | Status/phase | Contact information
WIS 69 intersections with Wittenwyler Road and County C near Monticello - Green County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is evaluating potential improvements to the following WIS 69 intersections near Monticello.
- Wittenwyler Road
- Add a southbound left turn lane
- County C - options under investigation:
- Add a single-lane roundabout
- Realign County C and Urban Road into an offset T-intersection with left turn lanes
- Realign County C to a T-intersection with a left turn lane and Urban Road becoming a cul-de-sac
In addition, the WIS 69 bridge over the Little Sugar River in Monticello will be repaired including a deck replacement.
- November 17, 2021 - Virtual Local Officials Meeting
- November 24 to December 13, 2021 - Virtual Public Involvement Meeting
- February 2022 - Intersection selection (Approved phase II ICE report)
- 2023 - Real estate acquisitions begin
- August 1, 2025 - PS&E (End of design and acquisitions)
- November 11, 2025 - LET (Bid opening)
- Spring/summer 2026 - Construction scheduled
Temporary traffic signals and flagging operations are currently proposed for WIS 69 traffic with no detour expected. County C will be closed for the improvements.
Jim Simpson, P.E., P.L.S.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843