Project location |
Project overview | Public involvement |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 80 (Baraboo River West Branch to County C), Hillsboro - Vernon & Richland Counties
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is preparing plans to resurface the existing pavement of approximately 11.7 miles of WIS 80 between the South Fork Baraboo River Structure and County C in Vernon County and Richland County, Wisconsin. The purpose of the proposed project is to preserve and improve this WIS 80 roadway segment. The proposed resurfacing of WIS 80 will increase the longevity of the roadway and the safety of the traveling public.
- Pavement resurfacing (milling 2-inches of existing pavement and overlaying with 3.5-inches of Hot Mix Asphalt pavement)
- Replacing existing guardrail, pavement marking, rumble strips, and other incidentals
- Grading work will be necessary at the guardrail replacement locations for end terminal grading
Proposed structure work consists of the rehabilitation of structures B-52-0093, B-52-0865, B-52-0866, B-52-0101, B-52-0102, B-52-0103, B-52-0153, B-52-0158, B-62-0030, C-62-0060, B-62-0031.
The work at each structure is as follows:
- B-52-0093: Concrete bridge deck overlay, concrete surface repair to piers, slab fascia, and abutments.
- B-52-0865: Headwall repair/replacement and slope improvements.
- B-52-0866: Headwall repair/replacement and slope improvements.
- B-52-0101: Concrete surface repair and slab drip edge repair.
- B-52-0102: Concrete bridge deck overlay, fascia girder replacement, parapet replacement.
- B-52-0103: Concrete bridge deck overlay and concrete surface repairs.
- B-52-0153: Wing wall repair. B-52-0158: Wing wall repair and channel cleaning.
- B-62-0030: Concrete bridge deck overlay, curb repair, concrete surface repair, and scour repair.
- C-62-0060: Drop inlet protection fence repair and scour repair.
- B-62-0031: Concrete bridge deck overlay, curb repair, concrete surface repair, and abutment undermining repair.
October 2020 - Virtual Public Involvement Meeting (PIM) #1
- Summer 2024 - Construction anticipated
- April 2020 - Public involvement letters were sent out
During construction, WIS 80 will remain open to traffic with the use of flagging operations. Temporary traffic signals and stop controls will be used to control traffic on bridges while structure work is ongoing.
John Bainter, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Road
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022
Fax: (608) 785-9969