Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 82 (WIS 35 to WIS 27), between DeSoto & Viroqua - Vernon County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) plans to improve the pavement conditions and improve ride quality and safety. Pavement surface has deteriorated with numerous cracks, ruts, and spot surface repairs. This project is 14.9 miles in length, begins at WIS 35 and ends at WIS 27.
- Pavement removal and replacement with asphaltic pavement
- Replacing curb and gutter
- Guardrail replacement
- New pavement marking
- Repair work or extensions on 9 box culverts
- 2024 - Construction anticipated
- January 22, 2020 - Public involvement meeting (PIM) #1
The road will be closed for 1 month during construction, during this time traffic will be detoured on the following route:
- WIS 35 to Genoa, WIS 56 to Viroqua to US 14, and onto WIS 27 to Fargo.
During the remaining time of construction, the road will be open under a flagging operation.
Jay Adams, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Road
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022
Fax: (608) 785-9969