NHTSA Standardized Child Passenger Safety Technician Training Program
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) created a standardized course to teach a variety of professionals how to help parents do a better job of protecting their children by:
- Developing technical skills regarding child passenger protection
- Identifying misuse and correcting it
- Becoming a community resource
- Educating others in child passenger safety issues
- Reducing potential liability
This course involves hands on experience, critiquing and installing car seats. Persons who complete the course and pass required testing will become entry-level technicians certified for 2 years by Safe Kids Worldwide.
Wisconsin training schedule:
Safe Kids for more information on upcoming Child Passenger Safety Technician Training Courses.
For additional information on the Standardized Child Passenger Safety Technician Training Program contact:
Wisconsin Child Passenger Safety Coordinator
620 S. 76th Street, Suite 120 MS#4110, Milwaukee, WI 53214