A well-maintained vehicle is always important, but especially during harsh winter conditions. Things for vehicle owners to keep in mind:
- Keep your fuel tank at least half-full. This will help prevent fuel lines from freezing, and provide necessary fuel should you become stranded.
- Ensure tires have good tread/traction and are properly inflated.
- Ensure that your battery, anti-freeze and cooling system are in good condition.
- Replace worn windshield wipers. Have adequate washer fluid.
- Make sure that headlights and other vehicle lights are operating properly.
- Before driving, clear snow and ice from your vehicle’s windows, front and rear lights, hood and roof.