Schedule a motorcycle road test appointment
- Before you can schedule a road test you must hold a valid
Motorcycle Instruction Permit
- Not all DMVs offer motorcycle road tests.
- If you schedule a motorcycle road test at a DMV, you must provide a cycle in good working order, wear eye protection, and an approved helmet. The
Wisconsin Motorcyclists' Handbook has more information about the motorcycle road test and pre-test inspection.
- You may only schedule a road test appointment up to 11 weeks in advance. Appointments fill up quickly.
- The system indicates "No appointments available" when all appointments are filled.
- New appointments are added periodically throughout the week.
- When you schedule an appointment through the online system, you will be prompted to enter the following items:
- Driver license number, ID card number or Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Zip code
- A telephone number where you can be reached between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- This is to notify you in the event we need to change your appointment
- There may be occasions when road tests are scheduled during non-business hours. When this occurs, our offices will not be open to the public, and processing of any driver license or vehicle registration products cannot be done.
- This service may not be available on Sundays from 6 a.m.–9 a.m. due to regular system maintenance.
Cancellation and reschedule policy
- To reschedule, access the online system by clicking the Start Now link above to look for another appointment.
- Your current appointment will not be canceled until you confirm your new appointment.
- If you cannot keep your appointment, you must cancel at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. If you do not show up for your appointment:
- You will be charged the $15 fee
- You will not be eligible to retest for at least 7 days