Schedule a motorcycle road test appointment
DMVs are open for all driver license and ID card customers. Driver licenses can be renewed online for most customers. All vehicle transactions must be done
online, by mail or 3rd party agents.
- Before you can schedule a road test you must hold a valid
Motorcycle Instruction Permit
- Not all DMVs offer motorcycle road tests.
- If you schedule a motorcycle road test at a DMV, you must provide a cycle in good working order, wear eye protection, and an approved helmet. The
Wisconsin Motorcyclists's Handbook has more information about the motorcycle road test and pre-test inspection.
- You may only schedule a road test appointment up to 11 weeks in advance. Appointments fill up quickly.
- The system indicates "No appointments available" when all appointments are filled.
- New appointments are added periodically throughout the week.
- When you schedule an appointment through the online system, you will be prompted to enter the following items:
- Driver license number, ID card number or Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Zip code
- A telephone number where you can be reached between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- This is to notify you in the event we need to change your appointment
- There may be occasions when road tests are scheduled during non-business hours. When this occurs, our offices will not be open to the public, and processing of any driver license or vehicle registration products cannot be done.
This service may not be available on Sundays from 6 a.m.–9 a.m. due to regular system maintenance.
Cancellation and reschedule policy
- To reschedule, access the online system by clicking the Start Now link above to look for another appointment.
- Your current appointment will not be canceled until you confirm your new appointment.
- If you cannot keep your appointment, you must cancel at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. If you do not show up for your appointment:
- You will be charged the $15 fee
- You will not be eligible to retest for at least 7 days