The project is located on ;US 12 at the intersection of WIS 25 and Pine Avenue East in the Dunn County city of Menomonie.
The current intersection configuration has negative offset left-turn lanes that contribute to a pattern of high crash rates as drivers making opposing left turns are unable to adequately see around each other as opposing left-turning vehicles obstruct the visibility of oncoming cars. To address this, WisDOT is proposing to:
- Realign the north- and southbound left-turn lanes on WIS 25 to create a positive offset.
- Realign the east- and westbound left-turn lanes on US 12 and Pine Avenue East to create a neutral offset.
- Realign the eastbound right-turn lane on US 12 to improve the viewing angle for drivers.
- Improve existing pedestrian curb ramps.
- Install monotube traffic signal equipment at the intersection to increase signal head visibility.
- Construct a raised median along US 12 and place new concrete pavement.
- Replace the concrete on US 12 on the west leg of the intersection.
- Mill and overlay Pine Avenue East on the east leg of the intersection.
- Place permanent signage and new pavement markings.
Minor real estate will be needed for improvements.
View information about landowners' rights.
Construction is scheduled for 2025.
During construction, US 12 and WIS 25 will remain open to traffic, but:
- Motorists will encounter single-lane closures.
WisDOT Northwest Region Consultant Project Manager
WisDOT Northwest Region Project Supervisor
Christena T. O'Brien
WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
(715) 836-2891, (800) 991-5285
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711