US 2 and US 53 (East 2nd Street) from 29th Avenue East to 53rd Avenue East in the Douglas County city of Superior.
WisDOT plans to make improvements to US 2/US 53 (East 2nd Street). The project will include:
- Repairing spot locations of concrete pavement.
- Resurfacing East 2nd Street by grinding the concrete surface and overlaying it with asphalt.
- Replacing traffic signals at 39th Avenue East.
- Rehabilitating the Nemadji River and Bluff Creek bridge structures.
- Upgrading or installing curb ramps at pedestrian crossings.
- Making spot repairs to sidewalk panels.
- Construction is scheduled to begin: Spring 2021.
- US 2/53 (East 2nd Street) will remain open during construction, with one lane open in each direction.
WisDOT Northwest Region Consultant Project Manager
WisDOT Northwest Region Project Supervisor
Christena T. O'Brien
WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Superior Office
1701 N. 4th St.
Superior, WI 54880
715) 392-7925, (800) 590-1868