Proposed improvements include pavement rehabilitation of the mainline and various ramps, lighting and signing improvements,
upgrades, signal upgrades, spot barrier replacement, median inlet replacement/repair. Additionally, turning radii improvements are proposed at the Good Hope Road southbound ramp terminal.
Structure improvements include:
- Bridge overlay and painting for the I-41 bridges over the Union Pacific Railroad
- Bridge overlay for the I-41 bridges over Carmen Avenue
- Painting of the Florist Avenue bridge over I-41
- Bridge overlay and painting of the I-41 bridges over US 41 southbound / WIS 175 southbound
- Bridge overlay of the I-41 bridges over US 41 northbound / WIS 175 northbound
- Painting of the Good Hope Road bridges over I-41
- Replacement of the median sign structure south of Florist Avenue
- Repairs on other sign structures
A combination of long-term closures and overnight closures along I-41 are anticipated during construction. During the long-term closures, traffic will be reduced from three lanes down to two. Traffic will be reduced from three lanes down to one only during overnight hours. Ramp closures will take place as needed. However, consecutive on and off-ramps will be avoided when possible.
Construction from Silver Spring Drive to Good Hope Road is currently scheduled for 2026 but could be advanced to 2024 depending on available funding.
Design phase -
Do you have any comments or questions? We'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to contact the project representatives below.
Clayton Smith, P.E., Project Manager
Michael Pyritz, WisDOT Communications