Project location |
Project overview | Schedule | Status/phase | Contact information
US 12, WIS 19 (town of Springfield) to Parmenter St. (just north of Middleton), in Dane County.
- This 6.1 mile corridor of US 12 is part of Wisconsin’s National Highway System (NHS).
- This corridor provides a parallel route from the Madison metro area to I-39/90/94 and to the major tourism destination areas in the state and region and to Wisconsin Dells.
- Study will help increase highway functionality and safety along corridor.
- Existing expressway was finished in 2005. Dane County’s North Mendota Parkway Study intends to tie into US 12 for the western termini.
- View larger project location map.
For more information on Public Involvement Meetings (PIM), hearings and other public activities, visit
June 4, 2015 - PIM
April 29, 2015 - Local officials meeting
2015 - Draft Environmental documentation completed
2013 - Environmental documentation completed
2010 - Value Engineering Study conducted
2008-2010 - Data gathering/preliminary alternative development
Study with no construction activity.
Tom Koprowski, WisDOT Project Manager
Mark Westerveld, P.E., WisDOT Study Engineer Lead
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright St.
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843