Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
I-94 and WIS 26 interchange, Johnson Creek - Jefferson County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is proposing improvements along 1.26 miles of I-94. The project starts at the County Y underpass and ends approximately 2,400 feet east of WIS 26.
This proposed project will prolong the service life of the existing concrete pavement and structures.
- Concrete surface repair and spot replacement of the existing concrete pavement of I-94, the ramps, and pavement between the ramps
- Existing shoulder pavement will be milled and overlaid with new asphalt pavement or replaced as needed
- Existing asphalt pavement at the park and ride on North Watertown Street will be milled and overlaid
- Existing curb ramps adjacent to the park and ride driveway, bus stop, and along the west side of North Watertown Street will be upgraded to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards
- Repairs will be made to bridge structures
There are no temporary or permanent real estate acquisitions, or relocations anticipated with the project.
Persons with a concern for or knowledge about historic buildings and structures and archaeological sites are encouraged to provide comments.
We encourage you to share this information with others that may be affected by this project.
- September 2021 - Virtual Local Officials Meeting
- Fall 2021 - Environmental review process and preliminary design plans
- Spring 2024 - Finalize roadway design plans
- 2027 - Construction anticipated with possible advancement to 2025
The project will be completed overnight and during off-peak hours using staged lane closures. Access will be maintained throughout construction; however, for work on ramps, overnight closures are anticipated.
Della Koenig, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843