Project location | Project overview | Schedule | Traffic impacts/detours | Status/phase | Contact information
US 51 (Pleasant Street to DeWitt Street), City of Portage - Columbia County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) plans to resurface 0.239 miles of US 51 from just north of DeWitt Street to Pleasant Street to address deteriorating pavement conditions. The project will also upgrade curb ramps within the project area to meet ADA requirements and update pavement markings along the corridor.
- Mill 3.5-inches of the existing pavement
- Overlay 3.5-inches of new asphalt pavement
- Upgrade curb ramps to meet ADA compliance
- Traffic signal modification at the STH 33/Cook Street intersection-pedestrian push buttons meeting ADA compliance
- June 2022 - Public Involvement Meeting
- 2025 - Construction anticipated
The road will be open to traffic with flagging operations during construction.
Josh Koebernick, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843