Project location | Project overview | Schedule | Traffic impacts/detours | Status/phase | Contact information
WIS 131 (0.49 miles E of Railway St to Sunny Ridge Rd), Wauzeka to Soldiers Grove - Crawford County
The project on WIS 131 will consist of a mill and relay of the existing pavement and then HMA pavement overlay of the WIS 131 roadway with 3.5-Inch asphaltic pavement. The existing shoulder will also be paved to a 1ft width with a variable gravel shoulder outside the paved limit.
Additional improvements include:
- Remove and replace 6 bridges and box culvert
- Minor stream channel changes to improve drainage
- Replace guard rail at bridge locations
- Replace or extend 11 culvert pipes
- January 2022 - Public Involvement Meeting
- 2025 - Construction anticipated
WIS 131 will be closed to through traffic. Access to local properties will remain open. The proposed detour route will utilize WIS 60 and US 61 (see detour route map in Public Involvement Meeting handout).
Jered Lex, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Road
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022
Fax: (608) 785-9969